Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Closing Time

Today is the day. We are closing on our first home and are super excited.

It has been a very long road. We originally started with another house.It was in our preferred location and had enough bedrooms and bathrooms along with a great backyard. The minor problem was the bathrooms were super small. When I say super small I mean that one of the showers was 32 inches wide and 32 inches deep. Our solution was to get a construction loan and fix everything before we moved in (you can start laughing at our optimistic outlook now).

We spent countless hours working with contractors; five of them to be exact. No one could come up with a workable solution since the master bedroom was so small. Between home owners who were always around (our first meeting with the homeowner was during the inspection when she walked in on the contractor telling us what was wrong with the house and said "who's this joker") a small dog who would try to run away every time you opened the door, and a bathroom problem we couldn't fix., etc. we walked away in May.

It took about another 2 months before we found "the one". We looked at every house that came on the market in our price range. We have probably seen at least 30 houses. Some we kind of liked, others were already under contract by the time we got to view the house. Overall very stressful; especially when the house we currently live in was put up for sale and became under contract before we had any  front runners in our house search.

We found "the one" on 4th of July and made an offer on it on July 5th. We figured it was good luck that we put an offer in on street that shares Eric's dads name on Eric's dads birthday; and we were right. So without further ado here is our new home.

Living Space: Kitchen, Den, Living Room
Bedrooms: Craft Room, Master Bedroom, Guest Bedroom

Bathrooms: Full bath, Half bath

Outdoor Spaces
We are very excited and have a ton of plans to update our new home. I plan on documenting our home improvement projects here so everyone can see/laugh at our wonderful/novice attempts to fix up our new place.

We sign at 5:30 this afternoon then we are going to have dinner with our parents to celebrate. Hope you enjoy reading about new adventure!


6 comments:

  1. I love that you are blogging and I love that you have included pictures...I am sad to say that there is no mention of the impending wedding and I am also I tad hurt that I was not invited to go to dinner to celebrate...How could y'all not want to spend hours with me and my two small children!

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, me and my 3 kids are so enjoyable to eat with. Ill be expecting a call soon.

      Delete
    2. I will make it up to both of you....When everthing is done both of you and your perfectly well behaved and quiet children can come over for dinner!

      Delete
  2. Your new home is beautiful. Congrats! I'm sure you and Eric will have many wonderful and crazy memories to share in regards to the renovations. I must say it looks pretty nice already to me. But I know ya'll will want to make it your "own". Best of Luck and sgain Congrats!

    The Nannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just fabulous! I am so excited for you two. Geaux team Friedman!



    JoJo the Wonderboy

    ReplyDelete